Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who am I, and what do I believe? - Skyla



            Believing is how you look at things, and what you have faith in. What you believe makes you who you are, because you live by what you believe. If you don’t believe in yourself you can’t expect anyone else to believe in you or who you say you  are. Personally I believe in forgiveness, communication, loving, and staying true to who you are.
            Forgiving is something I strongly believe in, even if you have to forgive and forget. Its still better to forgive and forget than to stay angry at someone. Yes people do make mistakes, but you have to learn to learn to accept them for the misatkaes they have made. There are always people who question why I forgive so easily and honestly, it’s because I just want everyone to get along.  I believe there is always a solution to the problem. A lot has happened in my life to make me realize forgiveness is a good thing to be able to do, people deserve second chances and to be able to be accepted for whom they are. I always try to find the good in people even if they have done something to hurt me, it doesn’t mean I let them back in; it just means I put it behind me. I become more cautious of that person and what they do.  Its easier to accept the fact the person made a mistake and let go and move forward with your life.  You don’t need anything holding you back from being completely happy.
            I believe in communication. Communicating is something you have to be willing to do, it may not always be easy to express what you’re feeling; but it will help you in the long run, because you’ve finally been heard, you may not be understood but you are herd. Communication hasn’t always been my strongest point, I’m the type of person who will keep my feelings to myself and try to hear everyone else out first before I say anything. People may not like what you have to say all the time but it’s what you believe and what you feel and in the end that’s all that really matters. You have to make yourself happy and be able to know that speaking up and trusting others is okay. My weakest point is being able to trust others. When it comes to important things I don’t speak up, I let others talk and say what they want. I may not always agree with it, but it’s easier for me to sit there and listen to what they have to say; rather than starting a argument. But over the last year, I have learned that trust comes along with communication, you have to communicate to find out who you can and can’t trust. There are going to be people who surprise you with how much you can trust them and others who disappoint you. In the end you will find out who you can communicate with and know that you can trust them.
            Loving isn’t always easy there is a lot of hurt that comes along with loving someone. People you love the most sometimes hurt you the worst, which can lead to putting a guard up and not letting anyone in, because you’re tired of getting hurt. We often don’t realize when people do things that hurt us, that they aren’t actually trying to hurt us. When really they are trying to help us and the things they say might not always be what we want to hear but  could be something you need to hear to figure out what you really deserve. Loving takes a lot, letting people in takes a lot, but you can never love someone to much.
            Staying true to who you are is sometimes hard to do. Every once in awhile you may second guess who exactly you are. I believe in taking a step back when I start to feel like I don’t know who I am or what is going to come next in life. Or if the decisions I’m making are best for me. No one can ever take who you are and what you believe away from you. There comes a point where you start pleasing yourself instead of worrying about what others think. It’s hard not to listen to all the small talk people are saying about you, but when you stop caring what they say you start to become happier; because you finally realized who you are and it doesn’t matter what people say, you are who you are and no is ever going to change that.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this paper, you have a good philosophy (I can't think of another way to say it!). You can see the improvement from previous papers, and your writing style really showed through.

    ReplyDelete