Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who am I, and what do I believe? -Darian



Who am I? Who am I? What do I believe? What does everybody else believe? There’s the world, and then there’s me. There’s the world, and then there’s me. That’s the way it’s always been. Maybe everybody thinks like that though. Maybe everybody thinks that it’s them against the world. Maybe that’s how people survive, and keep surviving. Who am I? I am somebody who thinks they’ve got it all figured out, someone who knows all the answers…well maybe not all of the answers, but someone who knows enough to understand the outcome of things. I can understand why people do the things they do, and say the things they say. I am well versed with the ways of the world, though I’ve not personally experienced 99.9% of it. Right now I am impatient and tired. I want to be in the world, even if the world doesn’t care.
 I treasure truthfulness and steadfastness. I am someone who thinks I have something to share with the world, though I’ve yet to find that “something.” I am not so ignorant as to think I can change the entire world, because the entire world does not want to listen. But one day I’ll do something big, something wonderful, something worthy of hearing about, and once that happens I’ll ask for no more. I do not want fame, (though I suppose that goes hand in hand with “big” things), or recognition necessarily. I want my family to be able to be proud of me, and I want to take care of them because they spent so much time taking care of me. Time goes on and forgets nobody. I want to use my time to do, or think something extraordinary. I want to be forever in the memory of my family, and to be remembered. That’s what I really want. To be remembered. That sounds selfish in a way, but in a way it’s not. If you want people to remember you, does that mean you think highly of yourself? If you think highly of yourself, then you could be selfish. But if you think lowly of yourself, I don’t think you’ll ever get anywhere or do anything. So maybe it’s good to be a little selfish sometimes. I want to be selfish so I can share with the world.
I am someone who thinks they’ve got it all figured out. I believe in pessimism and I believe in optimism, because both are rooted in experience and reason. I want to be remembered. I want to be selfish in a way that allows me to share with the world. And I want to take care of my family because they spent so much time taking care of me.    

1 comment:

  1. Darian, I think that you have improved on your grammar throughout the year in this class. Your voice was weak in your first paper, but reading your most recent paper your voice stood out a lot and I could understand your personal beliefs behind your paper. Your opinions stand out more now than the beginning of the school year. Your papers are always interesting and keep the reader wanting to know what’s going to come next.
    -Skyla P-

    ReplyDelete