Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Profile of Skyla P., by Darian



Helping People, One Facial at a Time
Do you know what an ampule is? How about a Taklon fan brush? A finger cot? Well Skyla P. plans on not only knowing what they are, but how to use them to her advantage in a future career. The items hitherto mentioned are tools used by estheticians to help beautify people, and Skyla wants to do just that.
After she graduates high school in May, she will be moving to Bozeman for Esthetician School, “it’s a 6-7 month program dealing with skincare,” she explains. The field is particularly interesting to her, due to the amount of exposure to it she has had, “my mom’s boss is an esthetician and I was always around it, so that’s what got me interested.”
Though she isn’t going far for school, she will still miss her family, “I will miss always being around them, but after school is over I’m going to move to Missoula, Charlo or Arlee, so I’ll still be close.”
Unlike some students who stumble out of the education system without a clue concerning their job prospects, Skyla has a definite plan. “I’m going to be working for Shelly Otoupalik. She works at 3 different salons and owns her own clinic, so I’ll probably be her assistant.”
Besides having her job set, she also knows what she wants for her personal life. “I would like to get married after about 2 or 3 years, and after I am able to support myself. But I don’t want to have my own kids, I want to adopt.”
Skyla has a huge support system and Bailey R., one of her good friends, is assured that Skyla will have a great future. “I’m kind of bummed she’s not going to SKC, but I am happy for her because she’s doing what she really wants to do, and she has good background knowledge.”
Mrs. Aure, one of Skyla’s favorite teachers, has high hopes as well. “I think she’ll do great. She has a wonderful support system, she knows what she wants and she’s going for it.”
She is determined, smart and willing to go the distance to achieve her dreams. So in the near future, if you ever find yourself in want of a Dermalinfusion , an oxygen facial, or a chemical peel, you’ll know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment