Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who am I, and what do I believe? - Jessica



The summer before freshman year had begun I was terrified to enter the new big world but I knew that my family would always be there for me to help me get through the bad times and the good. At that time I had really thought that they would always be there for me, but now that the days are getting closer were college is just around the corner I realize that I will be miles away from them knowing now that they aren’t going to be there physically for me anymore. But I know that I can make it because I made my mother a promise. She once told me a quote by Christopher Robin “Promise me that you’ll always remember you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” I promised her and now I believe in myself no matter what anybody else has said to me, and it has gotten me so far and so close to where I want to go in life. I believe in myself.
When my mom had first said this to me I shook it off and just said “ya’ya mom I know.”But thinking back at how long ago she said that to me and actually taking the advice and following through the promise, I have accomplished so much. I now know that whatever I set my mind to I can do it. For example I desperately wanted to be on the all-stars team for rugby my junior year so all season long I worked my hardest to prove to the coaches that I have what it would take to go, and by the end of the year I was accepted to go and went to Boise Idaho for the tournament. To me that proved how well that believing in myself worked, because I was one of the smallest girls that was there but I had the big dream. This to me proved that I was stronger and braver than I thought that I could ever be.
To me it was harder to see at first that I actually was smarter than what I thought I was. But when I first moved from Idaho to Montana I had a hard time with grades and fitting in. I went straight down on my grade point average and I was slowly going downhill on class rankings. But then one day my mom sat me down and we had us a long important talk. And the words she said to me changed my views on everything. “Jessica I am very disappointed in you.” She was talking about my schooling and then she told me, “If you don’t believe in something you will fall for everything.” From that moment on I had put my focus on everything that was important to me and anything that was going to carry me out through the tough runs. And now I can say that I am a happy person and I know in just a short time from now I will be living my dream and teaching young students. I am Jessica D. and I believe in myself and others around me.

1 comment:

  1. jessica from looking at you're first essay and looking at you're last essay it shows that you're writing has improved a lot because you used more voice and opinion in the essays. you started of strong with the mascot paper and ended stronger with the essay about who you are and what you believe in.
    -reece-

    ReplyDelete