Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who am I, and what do I believe? - Mahalia



Every person is dealt a different hand in life. Some people are born into a religious family or non-religious family. Life is not just black and white there is a lot of gray area and that gray represents me. Persuasion, responsibilities, age and one’s situation in life can have all have an influence on who someone is or what they believe in. All of these things may have an effect on my thinking and my beliefs but I understand about who I am and what I believe in.
Who is Mahalia H.? This is a question I could debate all day with myself because it’s a complex question. Does anyone know who they are at such a young age? In maybe five years from now I will have an answer but a lot can happen in five years to change a person. I may be young and naive but if I had to describe myself in one word answers it would be leader, overachiever, opinioned and sometimes a shy person.
I feel like I was born to be a leader. All my life I have been take charge; in the classroom, in sports and even hanging with friends. When I was young I was the friend that came up with what we were going to do at recess or who we were going to hang out with. I strive to be the best person I can possible be making me an overachiever. I want others to see how determined I am about my future and I want people to know that I’m not afraid to go the extra mile for what I want. I can be very opinioned person when it comes to something I believe in. I’m not the type of person to sit back and let things happen, if I don’t like something I let people know. It’s hard for me when I don’t agree with some ones opinions because I’m not afraid to argue for what I believe in. I can be super shy when I first meet people and I don’t like having to talk to people I don’t know. But being shy is not a bad thing because it gives me something to work on to improving myself.
            What I believe in? I get asked this question all the time and I have come to realize is I believe in a lot of things. I can’t sum up my beliefs in a paragraph or even a two page paper. My beliefs range from god to the right to bear arms. I believe every one was put on earth for a reason and we shouldn’t waste the life we were given. The more I continue to learning and live I will have more beliefs and some of the things I believe in now may change with time.
            I may have only been alive for seventeen years now but I have seen enough to know that people can’t control everything that happens in life but people can control the outcome on who or what kind of person they want to be. Being an overachiever or a leader makes me, me and if  I wasn’t  given great  parents that let me believe in what I want  I would be the person I am today. I may not be perfect and not everyone is going to agree in my beliefs but this is who I am and what I believe in.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this paper was brilliant. I know where you're coming from. I think you did a great job on your last paragraph. I like how you said that as you grow older and go through more obstacles, you figure out who you really are and that you're going to find yourself every day in life. This is a great paper. Good job.

    ReplyDelete